Ansys Discovery for Structural Mechanics Simulations
Simulate quickly & accurately: The Model-Explore-Analyze concept
Intuitive, fast, high-fidelity: modify 3D models, test variants and validate with simulation. Learn the new standard of product development.
Ansys Discovery is the software that offers all possibilities in one interface - from concept sketches to the simulation of complex assemblies. With simple and quick modifications, you can use the "simulation on flipchart" function for joint development rounds in your team and ...
Our offer in detail
This training is offered as a 2-day, consisting of 8 modules.
01 Efficient geometry creation and customization
- Model – Explore – Analyze: From idea to the validated result
- Fast and systematic: Working with geometry
- Simultaneous: Simulation and geometry modification
- Workshop Model & Explore: Designing and simulating a shaft holder
02 Dealing with complex assemblies
- Editing geometry
- Using assembly logic
- Helpful shortcuts for daily work
- Workshop Model & Explore: Systematic simulation on the frame of a semi-truck trailer
03 Structural mechanics simulation models and their influence on results
- Accurately abstracting reality
- Boundary conditions and their effects
- Determining deformations and stresses
- Workshop Explore & Refine: Accurately implementing real loads in the simulation
04 Understand simulation results and derive measures
- Verifying the influence of meshing
- Correctly interpreting areas that are difficult to evaluate
- Understanding natural frequencies
- Workshop Model, Explore & Refine: interpreting stresses in an assembly & deriving new designs
05 Mesh control in Refine mode
- How fine does a mesh have to be?
- Global meshing settings
- Influence of meshing on simulation results
- Workshop Refine: Target-oriented meshing of a holder
06 Material libraries and parameter variations
- Using the material database
- Varying properties & structuring results of different designs
- Systematic variation of component dimensions
- Workshop Model & Explore: Parameter study of a car jack
07 Simulate assemblies with nonlinear contacts
- No rattling in contact: Typical challenges with nonlinearities
- Mastering assemblies with nonlinear contacts
- Real-world Tips & Tricks from CADFEM
- Workshop Explore & Refine: Simulate gripper contact with friction
08 Topology optimization, validation and redesign
- Using materials in the right place
- Understanding topology optimization settings
- Validating and reusing optimized design
- Workshop Model & Explore: Topology optimization on a hydraulic gripper
Ansys Discovery is the software that offers all possibilities in one interface - from concept sketches to the simulation of complex assemblies. With simple and quick modifications, you can use the "simulation on flipchart" function for joint development rounds in your team and find better overall solutions.
This training focuses on CAD import, geometry processing and simulation of various linear and non-linear FEM tasks. You will become systematically familiar with all facets of application. We will teach how to use the software and provide you with practical tools and tips that you can implement in your daily work. This will help you to go from idea to finished product much faster and give you the confidence to draw the right conclusions from simulation results.
This training is the simple way to get started with simulation for anyone who
- wants to try out ideas in a matter of seconds.
- wants to understand & adjust the mechanical properties of their products.
- values accurate results.
Better than simple web tutorials: This course offers you a systematic introduction that allows you to benefit from the practical knowledge of our instructors. You will learn which procedures have proven themselves, saving you a lot of time with your applications. We pay particular attention to understanding the quality of the results and deriving meaningful measures.
Dr.-Ing. Abraham Moreno Reyna
Do you have questions on the training?
If you book through your university, you will receive a 50% discount on the stated fee on training courses and eLearning courses.
For more information on the validity and how booking with the code ACADEMIC50 works, please visit our page on training for academic users.
Straight after you sign up, an automatic confirmation of receipt will be sent to the email addresses you provided. Once you have successfully verified the data you provided, you will receive your personalized sign-up confirmation, containing further information on course fees, the billing address, etc., by email within two to three working days.
As soon as the minimum number of attendees has been reached, you will receive a final training confirmation containing further information on how to get to the venue. We recommend that you wait until you have received this final confirmation before booking your travel and accommodation.
If the minimum number of attendees is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel the training seven days before it is due to start at the latest. We are happy to help you change your booking to an alternative date. Please note that we accept no liability for hotel or travel bookings that attendees have already made.
Usually the training courses start at 9:00 am and end at 5:00 pm of the respective local time. The actual course times will be stated in the booking confirmation. Please note that, depending on the training host, there may be a possible time shift between your and the provider's local time. Therefore all local times are provided with the valid time shift to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
Dr. sc. Jörg Helfenstein
The right training, hardware and additional software products are the keys to success when it comes to a quick introduction to simulation.