Combine injection molding simulation and structural analysis: MoldSim NL inside ANSYS
MoldSim NL inside ANSYS – the strong connection between injection molding simulation and structural analysis
The anisotropic material behavior of short fiber-reinforced plastics is important for structural mechanical calculations. MoldSim NL inside ANSYS is the perfect link between injection molding simulation and structural mechanics for the best product quality, safety and optimized use of materials in the development of short fiber-reinforced plastic components.
Highlights at a Glance
- Direct coupling of injection molding simulation with ANSYS Workbench
- Calculation of the effective material constants of short fiber-reinforced thermoplastics directly in ANSYS
- Curve-fitting of test data for determining hardening parameters
- Interfaces for Moldflow, Moldex3D, SOLIDWORKS Plastics, Sigmasoft
- Significant design improvements through efficient product development processes
Dr. sc. Jörg Helfenstein
MoldSim NL inside ANSYS in Detail
MoldSim NL inside ANSYS – the practical link between injection molding simulation and structural mechanics
The production of short fiber-reinforced plastic components can be effectively represented by injection molding simulations. Using strength calculation, the structural mechanical behavior of this component is revealed. With MoldSim NL inside ANSYS, synthesis of both simulation worlds is possible - for optimal product quality.
- Elastoplastic material description of short fiber-reinforced thermoplastics
- Curve-fitting of test data for determining hardening parameters with optiSLang algorithms from our partner Dynardo
- Performance gains through the support of ANSYS Distributed Memory Parallelization (DMP)
- Reading specific results: Stresses in and transverse to the fiber direction; failure indicator according to Tsai-Hill
Webinar for MoldSim NL inside ANSYS
A webinar for project managers, decision-makers and designers who want to gain an initial insight into the process-related effects of injection molding simulation on structural mechanical component behavior in the context of their tasks related to the product development of short fiber-reinforced plastic components.
Seminars related to MoldSim NL inside ANSYS
Accurately take into account the production-related effects of injection molding simulation on structural mechanical component behavior.
The right solutions for your simulation projects
Simulation is everywhere and affects every industry. Since simulation requires more than software, CADFEM offers everything you need for successful simulation from a single source: software and IT solutions, consulting, support, engineering and knowledge sharing – always on the cutting edge.