Construction planning and numerical simulation with BIM inside Ansys
BIM inside Ansys – from building information to building simulation
Until now, construction planning has been limited to the use of building product models (BIM) to digitally capture structural and building data and prepare them as a geometric model. With BIM inside Ansys, any construction design can be enhanced with a numerical simulation and a real 3D multiphysics simulation of complex flow conditions can be produced – from individual buildings to intelligent city models.
Highlights at a glance
- Intelligent transfer of your 3D building model into the world of simulation
- Use of the open and widely used Ifc standard for representing the building information model (BIM)
- Automated simplification and preparation of building models for concept design phase simulations with Ansys.
- Simple use of different levels of detail for the model - Level of Detail (LoD)
- Description and visualization of the prepared BIM model in combination with metadata
- BIM inside Ansys as an interface for using BIM/IFC building models in Ansys
Dr. Paul Lethbridge
BIM inside Ansys in Detail
BIM inside Ansys – Constructing flow-optimized buildings in an energy-efficient way
Coupling numerical simulation with BIM building models allows a detailed analysis of flow conditions and temperature distributions inside and outside buildings. BIM inside Ansys is the tool for preparing and converting a BIM model into a simulation model.
- Numerical simulation model for building, construction and urban planning
- Simplification and preparation of simulation models (CFD…)
- Interface for transferring BIM models in Ifc format (e.g. from Autodesk Revit or Nemetschek Allplan)
- Extended fields of application for room acoustics, wireless networks and radiation
HIGHLIGHTS - BIM inside Ansys
All information has been prepared to the best of our knowledge. Data without guarantee.
Webinars for BIM inside Ansys
For engineers or planners in construction, architecture, numerical simulation in the building industry, energy and building services engineering or simulation in urban planning who want to link BIM models with numerical simulations in Ansys and/or want to understand the potential of Ansys for the BIM-based planning workflow.
Seminars related to BIM inside Ansys
For engineers or planners in construction, architecture, numerical simulation in the building industry, energy and building services engineering or simulation in urban planning who link BIM models with numerical simulations in Ansys and/or want to understand the potential of Ansys for the BIM-based planning workflow.
The right solutions for your simulation projects
Simulation is everywhere and affects every industry. Since simulation requires more than software, CADFEM offers everything you need for successful simulation from a single source: software and IT solutions, consulting, support, engineering and knowledge sharing – always on the cutting edge.