Specific solutions for specific tasks
CADFEM Ansys Extensions: Expand Ansys in a targeted manner
The CADFEM Ansys extensions are engineering tools for Ansys developed by CADFEM and partners. Integrated in Ansys Workbench, they extend Ansys’ scope of functions to include specific applications.
FKM inside Ansys
FKM NL inside Ansys
Bolt Assessment inside Ansys
Tribo-X inside Ansys
Model Reduction inside Ansys
Rolling Bearing inside Ansys
FKM inside Ansys – strength verification of metallic structures
FKM inside Ansys allows fast, automated operational and fatigue strength verification for mechanically stressed components in accordance with the FKM Directive. For all sorts of complex solid components. Final report including the complete representation of the verification parameters which have been used.
- Full-surface strength verification for quick and reliable detection of critically stressed points and critical weld seams
- Identification of critical load cases through simple load case combination
- Direct representation of the results of the FKM degree of utilization on the FE model in Ansys
FKM NL inside Ansys – Strength verification with FKM nonlinear including nonlinear material properties
With FKM NL inside Ansys, an automated static verification and a fatigue strength verification, for mechanically stressed components, according to the FKM guideline, can be performed in the shortest time possible, with low-cycle and high-cycle events.
- Strength verification including nonlinear material properties
- Verification based on guidelines for complete assemblies
- Develop plastic reserves with static proof loads
Bolt Assessment inside Ansys – verification for bolts according to VDI 2230
Bolts contribute to safety and durability in different load case combinations. Bolt Assessment inside Ansys is the ideal tool for simulating and testing your bolted connections – integrated into Ansys Workbench. The verification is performed quickly, automatically and in accordance with VDI 2230.
- Static and dynamic strength verification according to VDI 2230
- Evaluate a large number of bolts in complex assemblies efficiently and reliably, thanks to the high level of automation
- KiSSsoft reports are automatically saved and ready for printing for every bolt
Tribo-X inside Ansys – efficient simulation of hydrodynamic radial journal bearings
The load capacity and service life of hydrodynamic journal bearings is determined by the optimum dimensioning of shaft, bearing and bearing housing. Carry out fast parameter studies to adapt the bearing design to the different applications.
- Simple and efficient simulation of the journal bearing with Tribo-X
- High level of detail in the CAD model with realistic visualization
- Determination of own journal bearing coefficients for the rotor dynamics analysis
Model Reduction inside Ansys – model simplification in part and system simulations for faster calculations
Highly dimensioned FEM models are very detailed. This is important for the accuracy of the components, for an efficient dynamic simulation and system simulation. With Model Reduction inside Ansys, you can reduce the number of degrees of freedom without losing accuracy to such and extent that a multiphysics system simulation becomes possible.
- Effective Krylov algorithms for significant reduction in data points
- Can be used for all linear applications and problems that can be solved using Ansys Mechanical
- Parametric model order reduction with change in boundary conditions
Rolling Bearing inside Ansys – Simple and precise simulation of rolling bearings
With Rolling Bearing inside Ansys you can integrate high-precision bearings into your overall simulation within seconds - without expert knowledge.
- Correctly reproduction of the flow of forces in the overall model
- Simulating rolling bearings without expert knowledge
- Open, manufacturer-independent library for storing the storage parameters
- Support of different types of rolling bearings e.g. deep groove ball bearings, angular contact or four point bearings, cylindrical, tapered or needle roller bearings
- Consider influencing factors such as the mounting condition of the rolling bearings, preload, clearance and mounting tolerances
- Simulate bearing rigidity as a function of operating point
- Precise substitute modelling for each individual rolling element
What our customers say
simulation engineer, Dr.-Ing. Braun
As a simulation engineer, I am responsible for the strength verification of our components. With FKM inside ANSYS we are able to reduce the effort for the strength verification from days to a few hours - a real quantum leap!
Interesting additional information for you
Find out more about our most popular CADFEM Ansys extensions and benefit from our great range.
Development partner of CADFEM Ansys extensions
The CADFEM Ansys extensions were partially developed in collaboration with external partner companies who have specialist expertise in specific industries.
The right solutions for your simulation projects
Simulation is everywhere and affects every industry. Since simulation requires more than software, CADFEM offers everything you need for successful simulation from a single source: software and IT solutions, consulting, support, engineering and knowledge sharing – always on the cutting edge.