Design and validation of thermal engineering systems with
VDI Heat Atlas inside Ansys
VDI Heat Atlas inside Ansys – the standard reference work for heat transfer tasks
Design and validation of cooling systems, thermal engineering plants and apparatus, or determination of convective boundary conditions for investigating thermal influences: VDI Heat Atlas inside Ansys allows fast and convenient determination of all the necessary parameters for the efficient protection of system properties.
Highlights at a glance
- Full integration of the LV calculation software for the VDI Heat Atlas in Ansys Workbench
- Traceability of calculation operations through transparent presentation of the calculation formulas with current values
- Fast variant analysis through bidirectional parameter exchange between Ansys Workbench and VDI Heat Atlas
- Plausibility check and unit conversion of the linked parameters
- From design to validation - a comprehensive work process
- Updated to the latest edition 2019
- eBook for the VDI Heat Atlas included
- Compared to flow simulation, extremely fast estimation of convective boundary conditions by taking into account the overall effect
Dr. Paul Lethbridge
VDI Heat Atlas inside Ansys in Detail
VDI Heat Atlas inside Ansys – Compendium and tool for thermal process engineering
Full integration of the VDI Heat Atlas into the design and simulation environment of Ansys Workbench lets you execute thermal and fluid dynamics tasks such as those that regularly occur in, for example, process engineering for the chemical industry, the gas and pressure vessel industry, automotive engineering and the energy industry.
Highlights at a glance
- Analytical calculation of flow conditions, including pressure losses
- Determination of emissivities of radiating surfaces for temperature analyses
- Calculation of the thermal conductivity of functional layers
- Determination of convective boundary conditions for free and forced convection
- Increased productivity, consistent data and the avoidance of input errors
- Larger materials database
HIGHLIGHTS - VDI Wärmeatlas inside Ansys
- Adaptation to 12th edition of the VDI heat atlas
- Clear and comprehensive work for the simulation of heat transfer and provision of the necessary material data
- Updated methods and material data
- New chapter on latent heat storage
Please also check info on update webinars at the product site.
- Now available in eCADFEM
- New user-friendly interface
- Simplification of licensing through central license management
All information has been prepared to the best of our knowledge. Data without guarantee.
Our development partner
The right solutions for your simulation projects
Simulation is everywhere and affects every industry. Since simulation requires more than software, CADFEM offers everything you need for successful simulation from a single source: software and IT solutions, consulting, support, engineering and knowledge sharing – always on the cutting edge.