Scalable reduction of complex 3D FEM models with Model Reduction inside Ansys
Model Reduction inside Ansys – model reduction for faster calculations
The high level of detail of highly dimensioned FEM models is important for the accuracy of the components, for an efficient dynamic simulation and system simulation. Model reduction is the state of the art. With Model Reduction inside Ansys, the number of degrees of freedom (DoF) can be reduced so much that a multiphysics system simulation becomes possible.
Highlights at a glance
- Krylov-based model order reduction for Ansys
- Making large models manageable: reduction of a model with 1 million degrees of freedom (DoF) to a compact model with a size of 100 degrees of freedom
- Significantly faster assessment of transient and harmonic simulations
- Use of the reduced-order model in system simulations, e.g. Ansys Twin Builder or MATLAB/Simulink
- Transfer of the simplified model into the VHDL-AMS or Spice languages
- Transfer of linear models from Ansys Mechanical into Model Reduction inside Ansys, especially for thermomechanical, thermoelectric or piezoelectric models.
Aslam Allaudin Maniyar
Model Reduction inside Ansys in Detail
Model Reduction inside Ansys – Software solution for model simplification in partial and system simulations
Model simplification via Model Reduction inside Ansys is suitable for optimization strategies in component development as well as for integrating compact models into an overall system simulation in the fields of electronics, automotive or microsystems. Despite reduction, the examination parameters are retained, which means fast results can be achieved with regards to designs and system simulations.
Highlights at a glance
- Powerful Krylov algorithms for significant reduction of data points
- Applicable for all linear applications and problems that can be solved using Ansys Mechanical
- Reduction while retaining dynamic properties
- Acceleration of model reduction by using system matrices
- Parametric model order reduction with change of boundary conditions
HIGHLIGHTS - Model Reduction inside Ansys
- Model reduction now also sequential
- With sequential, much less RAM needed - from TBytes to GBytes
- Example: Thermo-Mechanical Model Reduction
Please also check info on update webinars at the product site.
All information has been prepared to the best of our knowledge. Data without guarantee.
Webinars for Model Reduction inside Ansys
This webinar will provide you with an insight into the generation of reduced-order models (ROMs) for structural mechanics, fluid mechanics, electromagnetics and heat transfer, as well as the integration into system simulations with 3D models, control and embedded software.
Seminars related to Model Reduction inside Ansys
A seminar specially for simulation engineers who want to run transient thermal simulations more efficiently with Ansys Mechanical or who want to study transient thermal effects in individual components or component groups within the framework of a system simulation.
The right solutions for your simulation projects
Simulation is everywhere and affects every industry. Since simulation requires more than software, CADFEM offers everything you need for successful simulation from a single source: software and IT solutions, consulting, support, engineering and knowledge sharing – always on the cutting edge.