Systematic evaluation of highly stressed bolted connections according to guideline VDI 2230 with Bolt Assessment inside Ansys
Automated bolt assessment with Bolt Assessment inside Ansys
Bolts must reliably withstand their loads. With Bolt Assessment inside Ansys, you can evaluate all load cases and find critical loads in the bolted joints. Calculation and verification are carried out automatically, quickly and conveniently in the CADFEM Ansys Extension according to guideline VDI 2230.
Automated bolt evaluation according to VDI 2230
Highlights at a glance
Stable connections determine the quality and reliability of structures and components. Bolts are crucial for safety and durability in different load case combinations. Bolt Assessment inside Ansys provides you with the optimal tool for simulating and testing your bolted connections – perfectly integrated into Ansys Workbench.
- Automated verification for bolts according to VDI 2230, Part 1 and 2
- Support of model class II (beam elements) and model class III (solids)
- Creation of screws as line bodies in Ansys Mechanical
- Direct access to the KISSsoft bolt library
- Simulation with large deformations/rotations possible
- Determination of safety factors for static and dynamic strength verification as well as against sliding and exceeding the surface pressure
- Automatic determination of critical load case combinations and load cases
- Visualization of the critical bolts for all safety factors
- Generation of a calculation report for every bolt
Reliable and durable
CADFEM is the right partner for you.
For more than 35 years we have been designing and supporting the introduction of simulation with our customers - from engineering offices to large corporations. We use our diverse experience and know-how to make your entry into simulation a success. Acquisition of the software is only the beginning. As your partner, we accompany you step by step - with intensive technical support and strategic consulting that ensures your long-term goals.
Please contact us for more information.
Dr. Paul Lethbridge
Training and Webinars for Bolt assessment inside Ansys
Bolt verifications are complex in practice and often lead to issues during implementation. Using the CADFEM software module Bolt Assessment inside Ansys, we show you how to model bolts and make the necessary inputs to evaluate them in compliance with VDI 2230.
Our development partner
Get a deeper understanding of our solutions by taking advantage of our on demand offer.
The right solutions for your simulation projects
Simulation is everywhere and affects every industry. Since simulation requires more than software, CADFEM offers everything you need for successful simulation from a single source: software and IT solutions, consulting, support, engineering and knowledge sharing – always on the cutting edge.