Specific solutions for specific tasks
Expand ANSYS in a targeted manner with Extensions
The CADFEM ANSYS extensions are engineering tools for ANSYS developed by CADFEM and partners. Integrated in ANSYS Workbench, they extend ANSYS’ scope of functions to include specific applications.
FKM inside ANSYS
Bolt Assessment inside ANSYS
VDI Wärmeatlas inside ANSYS
Tribo-X inside ANSYS
MoldSim NL inside ANSYS
Model Reduction inside ANSYS
BIM inside ANSYS
Electric Drive Acoustics inside ANSYS
FKM inside ANSYS – strength verification of metallic structures
FKM inside ANSYS allows fast, automated operational and fatigue strength verification for mechanically stressed components in accordance with the FKM Directive. For all sorts of complex solid components. Final report including the complete representation of the verification parameters which have been used.
- Full-surface strength verification for quick and reliable detection of critically stressed points and critical weld seams
- Identification of critical load cases through simple load case combination
- Direct representation of the results of the FKM degree of utilization on the FE model in ANSYS
Bolt Assessment inside ANSYS – verification for bolts according to VDI 2230
Bolts contribute to safety and durability in different load case combinations. Bolt Assessment inside ANSYS is the ideal tool for simulating and testing your bolted connections – integrated into ANSYS Workbench. The verification is performed quickly, automatically and in accordance with VDI 2230.
- Static and dynamic strength verification according to VDI 2230
- Evaluate a large number of bolts in complex assemblies efficiently and reliably, thanks to the high level of automation
- KiSSsoft reports are automatically saved and ready for printing for every bolt
VDI Heat Atlas inside ANSYS – thermal process engineering and heat transfer
Solve thermal and mechanical tasks for cooling systems and thermal engineering systems and apparatus or determine convection boundary conditions to investigate thermal influences. Swift and secure.
- Analytical calculation of flow conditions, including pressure losses
- Determination of emissivities of radiant surfaces for temperature analyses
- Larger materials database
Tribo-X inside ANSYS – efficient simulation of hydrodynamic radial journal bearings
The load capacity and service life of hydrodynamic journal bearings is determined by the optimum dimensioning of shaft, bearing and bearing housing. Carry out fast parameter studies to adapt the bearing design to the different applications.
- Simple and efficient simulation of the journal bearing with Tribo-X
- High level of detail in the CAD model with realistic visualization
- Determination of own journal bearing coefficients for the rotor dynamics analysis
MoldSim NL inside ANSYS – the strong connection between injection molding simulations and structural analysis
Injection molding simulations analyze the manufacturing of short fiber-reinforced plastic components. The anisotropic material behavior of plastic components is highly relevant to structural mechanics calculations. With MoldSim NL inside ANSYS, you can combine both simulation worlds – for optimum product quality.
- Elastoplastic material description of short fiber-reinforced thermoplastics
- Curve-fitting of test data to determine the hardening parameters with optiSLang algorithms
- Reading specific results: stresses in and across the fiber directions; failure indicator according to Tsai-Hill
Model Reduction inside ANSYS – model simplification in part and system simulations for faster calculations
Highly dimensioned FEM models are very detailed. This is important for the accuracy of the components, for an efficient dynamic simulation and system simulation. With Model Reduction inside ANSYS, you can reduce the number of degrees of freedom without losing accuracy to such and extent that a multiphysics system simulation becomes possible.
- Effective Krylov algorithms for significant reduction in data points
- Can be used for all linear applications and problems that can be solved using ANSYS Mechanical
- Parametric model order reduction with change in boundary conditions
BIM inside ANSYS – from building information to building simulation
With BIM inside ANSYS, you can convert a BIM model into a simulation model. What do flow conditions and temperature distributions look like inside and outside buildings? Coupling numerical simulation with BIM building models produces a detailed view.
- Numerical simulation model for building, construction and urban planning
- Simplification and preparation of simulation models, e.g. for CFD
- Extended fields of application for room acoustics, wireless networks and radiation
Electric Drive Acoustics inside ANSYS – develop low-noise electric drives
Low-noise drive: a highly desirable and requested comfort factor. It can be analyzed using Electric Drive Acoustics inside ANSYS. You can simulate the structure-borne noise level at the drive and depict it across various speed ranges in a waterfall diagram.
- Prediction of structure-borne noise (equivalent radiated power – ERP) during the development of motors and drive units
- Support for the user in importing and distributing the dynamic excitation forces from the electromagnetic simulation
- Automatic calculation in the speed range
What our customers say
simulation engineer, Dr.-Ing. Braun
As a simulation engineer, I am responsible for the strength verification of our components. With FKM inside ANSYS we are able to reduce the effort for the strength verification from days to a few hours - a real quantum leap!
Interesting additional information for you
Find out more about our most popular CADFEM ANSYS extensions and benefit from our great range.
Development partner of CADFEM ANSYS extensions
The CADFEM ANSYS extensions were partially developed in collaboration with external partner companies who have specialist expertise in specific industries.
The right solutions for your simulation projects
Simulation is everywhere and affects every industry. Since simulation requires more than software, CADFEM offers everything you need for successful simulation from a single source: software and IT solutions, consulting, support, engineering and knowledge sharing – always on the cutting edge.