Tribo-X inside Ansys
Simulation of hydrodynamic journal bearings in ANSYS Mechanical
Integration of hydrodynamic lubricating film behavior into the structural mechanics FEM analysis – journal bearings
The behavior of shafts with plain bearings depends, to a large extent, on the static and dynamic properties of the lubricant film in plain bearings. Elastohydrodynamics (EHD) has established itself for the simulation of lubricant film formation. With Tribo-X inside Ansys, you can carry out the calculation of hydrodynamic radial plain bearings comfortably and efficiently in Ansys Mechanical. The aim is the correct dimensioning of the bearings as well as the realistic representation of the speed-dependent stiffnesses and damping in dynamic FEM analyses. Furthermore, surface roughness can be taken into account, when mixed friction occurs and where the transition speed lies. Temperature changes viscosity and thus load capacity. Tribo-X inside Ansys shows these effects as well.
Designated Site of usage and contact
Find out more about purchasing the software
By purchasing the software, you acquire the right to use the software for an indefinite period of time at the location mentioned in the software contract.
Maintenance encompasses all program updates including service packs and technical support. It is automatically applied to the first year in addition to the purchase.
Maintenance does not extend automatically; at the end of each maintenance period, it can be extended for a further year and is billed annually in advance.
- All prices are quoted net and are subject to VAT.
- Payment due: immediately, in full after billing, no discount.
- Software products and technical expertise in conjunction with these software products are subject both to applicable export regulations in the purchaser’s country as well as those of the manufacturer’s country.
- Access to the software requires acceptance of the license terms in their entirety.
- The customer’s general terms and conditions do not form part of the contract.
- The right of use transfers to the licensee only upon full payment of the invoice; in the case of new purchases, CADFEM reserves the right to issue temporary license keys.
- Subject to change; no liability for errors.
Need more information about the product?
Here you will find information on product highlights and CADFEM expertise for an ideal implementation of simulation-based product development.