Tribo-X inside Ansys
Simulation of hydrodynamic journal bearings in ANSYS Mechanical
Integration of hydrodynamic lubricating film behavior into the structural mechanics FEM analysis – journal bearings
The behavior of shafts with journal bearings very much depends on the static and dynamic properties of the lubricating film in the journal bearings. Elastohydrodynamics (EHD) has established itself for the simulation of lubricating film formation. ...
Details about the software products
The behavior of shafts with journal bearings very much depends on the static and dynamic properties of the lubricating film in the journal bearings. Elastohydrodynamics (EHD) has established itself for the simulation of lubricating film formation.
With Tribo-X inside ANSYS, you can conveniently and efficiently carry out the computation of hydrodynamic journal bearings in ANSYS Mechanical. The objective is to correctly dimension the bearings as well as realistically map the rotational speed-dependent stiffnesses and dampings in dynamic FEM analyses.
Areas of application:
- Coupling of hydrodynamics and FEM
- Determination of journal bearing coefficients (stiffness and damping coefficients) for the following rotor dynamics analyses
- Bearing deformations
- Mixed friction
- Cavitation and bearing capacity
- Parameter studies
- Complete integration of journal bearing computation with Tribo-X in ANSYS Workbench
- Short computation times despite high degree of detail
- Inclusion of elastic bearing deformations and their effects on gap geometry
- Complete mapping of the Stribeck curve through the inclusion of mixed friction
- Identification of rotational speed- and load-dependent bearing coefficients
- Fully parametric workflow
Tribo-X inside ANSYS – Radial Bearing EHD
- Simulation of the hydrodynamic or elastohydrodynamic behavior of radial journal bearings
Tribo-X inside ANSYS – Linear Rotordynamics
- Extension to determine rotational speed-dependent linear stiffness and damping coefficients for the following rotor dynamics analyses (additionally required: Tribo-X inside ANSYS – Journal Bearing EHD)
Tribo-X inside ANSYS – Mixed Lubrication
- Extension to include mixed friction states (additionally required: Tribo-X inside ANSYS – Radial Bearing EHD)
Find out more about purchasing the software
By purchasing the software, you acquire the right to use the software for an indefinite period of time at the location mentioned in the software contract.
Maintenance encompasses all program updates including service packs and technical support. It is automatically applied to the first year in addition to the purchase.
Maintenance does not extend automatically; at the end of each maintenance period, it can be extended for a further year and is billed annually in advance.
- All prices are quoted net and are subject to VAT.
- Payment due: immediately, in full after billing, no discount.
- Software products and technical expertise in conjunction with these software products are subject both to applicable export regulations in the purchaser’s country as well as those of the manufacturer’s country.
- Access to the software requires acceptance of the license terms in their entirety.
- The customer’s general terms and conditions do not form part of the contract.
- The right of use transfers to the licensee only upon full payment of the invoice; in the case of new purchases, CADFEM reserves the right to issue temporary license keys.
- Subject to change; no liability for errors.